I want to write about my summer in a positive way and not feel like I’m bragging. Intention stated! Let it be known that I had a lot of great times this summer, and a lot of down times, too. I’d rather reminisce about the good stuff.
Things I did this summer:
– Banged on a drum for the first time and found a love for it that hasn’t abated; attended weekly drum circles in Pittsburgh.
– Danced my ass off in New York City while wearing a pink tuxedo.
– Attended the Lambda Literary Awards where one dude from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy told me he liked my jacket.
– Found the Radical Faeries and balled my eyes out in my first heart circle.
– Scrubbed pots at a hippie commune while dancing to Madonna.
– Went to the drive-in and initially got blown away by ‘Magic Mike’ until the romance subplot took over and totally blew.
– Spent a couple days languishing poolside, writing, socializing.
– Saw Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings at an outdoor concert on a day when I was feeling lousy and left feeling like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders.
– Started writing a book that I’m super excited about.0 Comments